For a quick and tasty breakfast, this pancakes recipe is a great choice. Topped with blood oranges and maple syrup it tastes as good as it looks.
– 3 large bananas, mashed
– 2 eggs, whisked
– 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
– 1 tsp baking powder
– Coconut oil, for frying
– Blood oranges, peeled & sliced
– Maple syrup, for drizzling
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spoon a little coconut oil into a frying pan & heat gently over a low heat.
3. Once the oil has melted, scoop small ladles of the batter into the pan. Watch the pancakes at this point as they can burn easily.
4. Flip them over once ready. When they are golden and cooked through, serve immediately with sliced blood oranges & a drizzle of maple syrup.
Niamh is a chef and food stylist with a love of real food, grown and cooked simply. She first trained as a Nutritional Therapist at The Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health, and followed this with training as a chef at Ballymaloe Cookery School, Co. Cork.
Niamh’s recipes are a reflection of these experiences, inspired by seasonal food and always aiming to increase the nutritional content of every dish. This approach of adding nutrients, rather than simply cutting foods out, means you don’t have to deny yourself that little treat from time to time!