Banana & Blackberry Bread Recipe By The Baking Nutritionist
This banana and blackberry bread recipe is egg-free and you can make it dairy-free by using a suitable margarine and a plant-based drink of your choice – I recommend coconut milk. If you follow my stories on Instagram then you’ll know that I love picking blackberries at the end of the summer. This is one of my favorite activities and I often have my doggo with me eating them – yes he sometimes has paleo tendencies and eats blackberries from the hedgerow!
– 90g butter/margarine, softened
– 50g caster sugar
– 2 tbsp orange juice
– 100ml milk
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 240g self-raising flour
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 3 ripe bananas, mashed
– 1/4 pint of blackberries
1. Grease a 2 lb loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Cream the butter/margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the orange juice, milk, vanilla and half the flour.
4. Fold in the banana and blackberries, followed by the remaining flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
5. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, covering with a foil lid if browning too quickly.
Amy is a marketer, nutritionist, blogger, baker, cook and an ambassador for Health Bloggers Community in Ireland. Amy qualified from University College Dublin in 2016 with a BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition before following her creative passion and moving into the marketing team of Danone. This busy lady can most often be found drinking coffee, stalking dogs or photographing food for her blog. Amy is an avid believer of maintaining work-life balance and likes to wind down by attending yoga classes or going for long walks. Visit her blog here.