Award-Winning Herb Stuffing from Avoca
- 1 x large country-style bread loaf with crust, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 2 x white onions, finely diced
- 2 x garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 x large bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 1 x small bunch chopped fresh sage
- 1 x small bunch chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Spread bread on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry and crunchy, about 15 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat. Add white onions and garlic and cook gently until translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- In a large bowl combine onion mix, bread and fresh herbs.
- Generously butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Place stuffing inside and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. You can also stuff your turkey with the stuffing if you wish.