Avocado & Eggs on Toast Recipe by Catherine Buggy
Avocados and eggs are such a tasty combination, and the addition of crispy Parma ham and roasted tomatoes is really, really tasty! You need to try this eggs on toast reipe! Gill served ours on sourdough toast, but you can use any sort of loaf you prefer, I think it works best with a white crusty bread!
– 6 eggs
– Small knob of butter
– 6 pieces of Parma/Serrano ham
– 3 ripe avocados
–8 slices of sourdough bread (toasted)
– 3-4 small bunches of vine tomatoes
1. Place the vine tomates in an oven proof dish, season with salt and pepper, a drizzle of oil and place in the oven at 180C, for approx. 15 mins.
2. De-stone, and scoop out the avocado flesh and slice into long pieces (squeeze some lemon juice over, to stop them going brown).
3. Put a medium saucepan over a low heat and add the butter.
4. Leave it to melt slowly, then when it starts to bubble carefully pour in the eggs.
5. Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper, then stir slowly with a wooden spoon, or a spatula if you’ve got one, combining the yoke an the egg together.
6. Keep gently stirring until the eggs still look silky, slightly runny and slightly underdone, and then remove from the heat – the heat of the pan will continue to cook the eggs to perfection.
7. In a separate pan on a medium heat, lightly oil and place your pieces of parma ham in, until they start to crisp up, then remove from the heat.
8. Toast your bread and then it’s time to plate up or ‘board up!
9. Spread/mash your avocados onto the toast, place a generous spoon of eggs on top, and then place a few pieces of the crispy ham on to finish.
9. Serve all pieces on a nice wooden board and scatter the roasted tomatoes around the toast!
In 2013 Catherine Buggy set up Boutique Bakery in a small cottage in Donnybrook, Dublin 4. With a passion for baking, Catherine began creating a range of gourmet cake mix ranges alongside Catherine’s blog. Since 2013 The Boutique Bake range has expanded to include gluten and sugar free mixes, all of which are available in selected supermarkets and artisan stores across Ireland.