AVOCA Mango & Blueberry Pavlova Recipe
|Make a pretty and delicious centrepiece dessert to enjoy this weekend with AVOCA’s Mango & Blueberry Pavlova recipe. It’s colourful, flavour-packed and almost too beautiful to eat – almost!|
– 225ml free range egg whites (approx 6 large eggs)
– 330g caster sugar
– 1 tablespoon corn flour
– 1 ½ teaspoons white vinegar
– 2 teaspoon vanilla
– Pinch of sea salt
– 1 punnet of fresh blueberries
– 2 mangos, sliced
– Decorative chocolate mini eggs
– 375ml whipping cream
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 80g icing sugar
– Pre heat oven to 100C and draw a circle or oval on parchment paper, depending on what platter you will be serving the pavlova on.
– Flip the paper so the outline is underneath and place on a greased baking tray.
– In a stand-up mixer, add egg whites and a pinch of salt, whisk for 10-12 minutes on high speed until the egg whites start to form stiff peaks.
– Gradually add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time (this will take a further 12-15min) and the egg whites will become thick and glossy. This is a very important step, do not rush this process.
– Next add the vinegar, corn starch & vanilla. Whisk for another minute to fully incorporate.
– Spoon the meringue in the centre of your shape and build a pillowy soft nest, making sure to fill out to the edge of your outline.
– Make sure to make indents into the meringue, this is where all the amazing fruit and cream can sit.
– Bake in the oven for 2 hours, until the outside is nicely crisp and dry.
– Turn off the oven and let sit inside for 3 hours to let it cool naturally.
– Whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
– Have all your fruit, cream and mini eggs ready to assemble.
– Now the fun part… layer dollops of whipped cream, fruit and mini eggs all over the top of the meringue, making pretty patterns, as this will be your show-stopping centrepiece dessert.
Tip: AVOCA like to decorate the pavlova with fresh leaves and edible flowers to really brighten up the dessert.