Asparagus with Lemon Polenta Recipe
Light, fresh and seasonal this Lemon Polenta Recipe from M&S is a perfect dish for lunch or a light summer dinner.
– 400ml milk
– 400ml vegetable stock
– 100g polenta
– 50g butter
– 50g Parmesan
– 1 lemon
– 3 slices Prosciutto
– 0.5 tbsp olive oil
– 200g asparagus spears
1. Grate the Parmesan. Zest the lemons. Snap off any tough stalks of the asparagus spears.
2. Heat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
3. Bring the milk and stock to the boil in a pan over a medium-high heat.
4. Add the polenta in a steady stream, while whisking.
5. Keep whisking for 1 min, reduce the heat to low and cook for 35-45 mins, stirring frequently.
6. Stir in the butter, Parmesan and lemon zest. Season to taste.
7. Meanwhile, place the prosciutto on a lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins, turning once. Set aside.
8. Heat the oil in a griddle or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the asparagus, turning, for 3-4 mins.
9. To serve, top the polenta with asparagus, pieces of prosciutto and some extra grated Parmesan.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.