Apple, Apricot & Oat Crumble Loaf Recipe By The Cupcake Bloke
This is the perfect bake to make ahead of time for those highly coveted coffee breaks. If you are baking this as a gift why not follow the lead of The Cupcake Bloke himself and wrap your bake in some pretty paper, tie it up with string – perfection!
- 140g Butter, cut into small pieces
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 140g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 100g Dried Apricots, cut into small pieces
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 tbsp milk
For the topping:
- 25g Plain Flour
- 25g Butter
- 25g Porridge Oats
- 25g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- Heat oven to 160C.
- Butter and line the base of a 2-litre loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Tip the flour, sugar and spice into a food processor and add the butter, whizz to make fine crumbs.
- Tip into a mixing bowl and stir in the apricots, eggs, apples and milk.
- Mix well until everything is evenly combined, spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- To make the topping, rub the flour, butter, oats and sugar through your fingers to make a rough crumble.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cake mixture
- Bake for 50-55 mins, until firm to the touch and a fine skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 15 mins, then turn out and cool on a wire rack