All in One Irish Breakfast Bake Recipe by Catherine Fulvio
If you aren’t making this for brunch, this All in One Irish Breakfast Bake Recipe also works really well for match food or late night suppers and it’s much easier than making the usual fry-up. Choose good-quality sausages from your local butcher. It’s the easy way out, a one-pot breakfast that saves on the washing up, a definite crowd pleaser and it’s delicious – can it get any better?
– Rapeseed oil
– 2 medium potatoes, sliced into wedges
– 8 good-quality breakfast sausages
– 10–12 cherry tomatoes
– 8 large mushrooms, wiped clean
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 4 eggs
– Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
– Toast, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Brush an ovenproof shallow casserole or roasting skillet with oil.
2. Place the potato wedges into the casserole dish or skillet and roast in the oven for about 12 minutes.
3. Add the sausages and cook for a further 10 minutes, turning them over once or twice during the cooking time.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms to the casserole dish or skillet. Drizzle a little more oil over the vegetables and season. Cook until the potato wedges are crispy and the tomatoes are
5. Make 4 gaps in between the vegetables and carefully break an egg into each. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Return to the oven and cook for a further 5–6 minutes, until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately with toast.
Bringing a more relaxed attitude to weekend cooking, Catherine’s recipes encourage us to forget about the midweek humdrum. Forget about express meals. Close the door, turn the music on and fire up the cooker – it’s the weekend!
The Weekend Chef is published by Gill Books, and is available to buy on www.gillbooks.ie.