Aero Bubbles Mint Chocolate Swiss Roll Recipe by Karyn Ryan
What could be better on a sunny, summer night than a slice of heavenly mint chocolate swiss roll recipe. they are simple to make and bake very quickly. Yon can use some really delicious flavours for a tasty treat. They are also brilliant with fresh fruit & cream. Follow Karyn’s easy recipe to recreate your own masterpiece.
– 100g self-raising flour
– Cocoa powder
– 4 eggs
– 100g caster sugar
– Icing sugar for sprinkling
– 250ml cream
– 1 tub mascarpone
– 2tbsp icing sugar
– 1/2tsp peppermint essence
– 1 pkt Aero mint Bubbles
– green colouring paste or liquid
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220Cand grease a swiss roll tin (13x 9 in) and line with baking paper.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and frothy and then add the sifted flour, carefully folding it into the mixture.
3. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for around 10 minutes, until it’s lightly browned and coming away from the tin at the edges.
4. Place some baking paper on a work surface and sprinkle with caster sugar, before upending the sponge from the tin and peeling off the baking paper. Neaten the edges and leave to cool.
5. Whist cake is cooling chop up some aero chocolate bubbles.
6. Whip cream & Mascarpone & 2tbsp icing sugar and add enough green colour to get a mint colour, add peppermint extract and some chopped aero bubbles
Spread with mint cream and roll into shape, cover top of sponge with melted chocolate and decorate with aero mint bubbles.
So very very yummy and addictive!
Hi I’m Karyn Ryan, Mum to four & totally addicted to baking, absolutely passionate about getting kids into the kitchen to bake, my inspiration comes from my kids who always come up with mad ideas for Cakes & Cookies! I have been known on numerous occasions to bake a cake for dinner! I was very lucky to win two awards in the Easy Food Magazine Home Cook Hero Awards in 2011 & 2012 for baking.