15 Minute Tortilla Soup Recipe by Anna-Jane Kingston
I can’t force the sun to shine but I can always bring some heat to the kitchen. Mexican dishes are definitely hot on my list of favourite foods – from burritos to tacos and everything else in between. It’s fusion food at its finest, a whole bunch of flavours, textures and colour smashed together – sending your taste buds into a frenzy. So, get ready to ignite your taste buds with this quick and easy tortilla soup recipe and let the spice brigade liven up your meal time.
– 1 can chopped tomatoes
– 1 can black beans
– 1/2 an onion
– 3 large garlic cloves
– A cup of fresh coriander
– 3 cups/750ml of chicken or vegetable stock (allow one stock cube)
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
– 1 – 2 red chilies
– 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 tsp smoked/regular paprika
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 cup sweet corn (optional)
– Some tortilla chips for crunch (I picked up some tasty organic ones in my local health food store)
– salt and black pepper
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic and roughly chop the fresh coriander
2. Heat the olive oil and add all the dry spices including the chili.
3. Next, add the onion, garlic and 3/4 of the coriander and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add the whole can of tomatoes, drained beans and drained corn.
5. Pour in the stock and cook for about 10 minutes. Taste and add some salt and pepper if needed.
I’m an Irish food blogger from Donegal, and I am obsessed with food – and in particular, clean & healthy eating. I’ve been experimenting with food since my school days, and I am continuously developing and adapting recipes to keep my body happy and healthy. I always try to make my recipes adaptable – to help suit a wide variety of eaters, so I like to think there’s something for everyone here. I hope that my blog Thyme to Eat may inspire and bring a little culinary delight to your table. You can also find me on Twitter. Happy Feasting!